● Players are expected to attend all 3 tryout sessions for their age group (each is 1 hour)
● U8, U10, & U12 sessions will be held at ProSkate on 4/16 & 4/17 and at Ice Land on 4/18
● All U14, U16, & U19 sessions will be held at ProSkate
The Princeton Tiger Lilies is a premier girls travel hockey club based in Central New Jersey. Since 1992, PTL has fielded competitive Tier I and Tier II teams at all age levels from U10 through U19. This season, the club will be expanding to offer U8 hockey as well. Our teams currently play in the Mid-Atlantic Women’s Hockey Association (MAWHA).
Managed by Black Bear Sports Group, PTL is committed to providing elite hockey training, education, and resources during the 2021-2022 season. Our home rinks are Ice Land Skating Center in Hamilton, NJ and ProSkate Ice Arena in Monmouth Junction, NJ. By investing in player development at all levels, we aim to help our athletes achieve their goals while strengthening the club to ensure long-term growth.
What We Offer:
● A full 7+ month season with occasional practices in the summer for those who are available and want to skate
● An established program led by hockey director Rebecca Morse who plays for the Metropolitan Riveters of the National Women’s Hockey League (NWHL) and is passionate about growing girls and women’s hockey
● Quality instruction from paid, professional head coaches (no parent head coaches)
● 2 organization-funded showcases through the Atlantic Hockey Federation (AHF) or 2 other tournaments
● Some teams will play in AAA tournaments and AAA non-league games
● 1 week of training camp in mid-to-late August to get ready for the season (4 practices)
● U10 through U19 age levels get 3 hrs on the ice per week during the season
o U10 and U12 → 2 shared practices
o U14, U16, & U19 → 1 split ice practice focused on individual player skills/battling AND 1 full ice practice focused on game situational drills and other aspects of player/team development
o All age levels → 1 powerskating and tactical skills session run by Rebecca Morse, Tim Chase, or another professional coach
● U8 gets 2 practices per week that incorporate small area drills and skill development with an emphasis on skating and edgework
● Mandatory off-ice training sessions every other week for each team (scheduled in coordination with practices)
● 1 video session breakdown of skating for each individual player (video is yours upon request)
● Video session review every other week by the coach for all U12 teams and older
(scheduled in coordination with practices)
● 1 hour per week of goaltending instruction from John Zdunkiewicz with Ztending
For more information please contact Rebecca Morse, the Director of Hockey for the Princeton Tiger Lilies, at firstname.lastname@example.org / 908-578-5226.